Contracts and Procurement
The Purchasing Department strives to create the best value for the Town of Addison by managing all procurement needs. Its responsibility includes purchasing of supplies and services, coordinating the bid process, maintaining vendor information, complying with State legislature, managing the disposal and sale of surplus materials, and providing expertise in the procurement process.
|Total Procurement and Contracting Spending||$48,662,793.87|
|Procurement and Contracting Spending Per Capita*||$3,081.87|
|Publicly Posted Bidding and Contracting Opportunities||26|
|Closed Bids or Awarded Contracts||21|
|Dollar Amount of Bids Received from Invitations to Bid and Request for Proposals||$45,445,030.66|
|Total dollar amount awarded from contracts||$7,905,800.25|
*The population total used in calculating the per capita amount is 15,790 and is from the 2020 Population Estimates Publication issued by the NCTCOG, North Central Texas Council of Governments.
The Town of Addison utilizes the electronic bidding system offered by BidSync. Each bid posted includes links to bid documents containing pertinent information. Register for free to see bid documents and current open bids, as well as sign up for email notifications of new bidding opportunities.
Addison does not maintain its own "vendor list." Vendors interested in doing business with Addison should register at BidSync for notification of bids. There is no fee charged to the vendor to participate in the Town's solicitations unless noted in the specifications. BidSync is a solicitation system used by many Texas entities and is nationwide.
To view a check register dataset for vendors including the date, type of transaction, amount, purpose description, payee, etc. for the current and past fiscal years, please visit our Financial Transparency Portal. You may also download the check register data.
Dataset on open contracting and closed solicitations for the past three complete fiscal years:
To view a dataset on open contracting and bidding opportunities and closed solicitations for current and past fiscal years, please visit BidSync.
- GASB Statement No. 67, Financial Reporting for Pension Plans: GASBS 67
- GASB Statement No. 67 Summary
- GASB Statement No. 68, Accounting and Financial Reporting for Pensions - An Amendment of GASB Statement No. 27: GASBS 68
- GASB Statement No. 68 Summary
- GASB Statement No. 71, Pension Transition for Contributions Made Subsequent to the Measurement Date - An Amendment of GASB Statement No. 68: GASBS 71
- GASB Statement No. 71 Summary
- GASB Statement No. 73, Accounting and Financial Reporting for Pensions and Related Assets That Are Not Within the Scope of GASB Statement 68, and Amendments to Certain Provisions of GASB Statements 67 and 68: Summary - Statement No. 73
- GASB Statement No. 73 Summary
- GASB Statement No. 78, Pensions Provided Through Certain multiple-employer Defined Benefit Pension Plans: GASB Statement No. 78, Pensions Provided Through Certain Multiple-Employer Defined Benefit Pension Plans: GASB Statement No. 78, Pensions Provided through Certain Multiple-Employer Defined Benefit Pension Plans
- GASB Statement No. 78 Summary
- GASB Statement No. 82, Pension Issues - An Amendment of GASB Statements No. 67, No. 68, No. 73: GASB Statement No. 82, Pension Issues - An amendment of GASB Statements No. 67, No. 68, and No. 73
- GASB Statement No. 82 Summary
Local Government Code
- Texas Local Government Code Chapter 252.021-.0436: Purchasing Contracting Authority of Municipalities
- Texas Local Government Code Chapter 262.021-.030: Competitive Bidding in General
- Texas Local Government Code Chapter 271.021-.029: Purchasing and Contracting Authority of Municipalities, Counties, and Certain Other Local Governments
- Texas Local Government Code Chapter 791: Interlocal Cooperation Contracts
- Texas Local Government Code Chapter 2161: Historically Underutilized Businesses
- Texas Local Government Code Chapter 2253: Public Work Performance and Payment Bonds
- Texas Government Code Chapter 2254: Professional and Consulting Services
- Texas Government Code Chapter 2269.101-.411: Contracting and Delivery Procedures for Construction Projects