Addison provides water, sewer and trash services to its residents. You have an option to select your own electricity provider.

Disconnect Notices to Resume on July 29

In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Addison suspended assessing late fees and performing disconnections for unpaid utility bills. As mentioned in the July 9 newsletter, Addison will resume mailing out disconnect notices and collecting late fees soon. Here is additional information on the timing of these changes:

On July 29, the Addison Utility Billing Department will resume mailing out disconnect notices for unpaid balances. Customers who receive these notices will need to settle unpaid balances by August 12 to avoid having service disconnection on August 13. Late fees for July invoices not received by the August 12 due date will be assessed beginning August 16. If you have a balance or have any questions regarding your utility account, please contact the Utility Billing Department at 972-450-7081 to review your account information with a representative as soon as possible. 

Pay My Utility Bill 

Addison utility customers can pay their bills at AddisonUBPay.com by credit card or automatic bank draft. Learn how to set up your utility billing account here.

Rate Change Alert 

Utility customers will see a rate change beginning with their November 2021 bill. Click here to find more details.

Start Service

To start service, you must submit a completed Water Service Application form (found on the Utility Portal link below) at least 24 hours before you require water service. The deposit for residential service is $50 and will be included on your first bill. Additional deposits may be required for residential fire or irrigation meters. Please indicate on the form the date you need to have the service started. This application takes care of your water, sewer, and trash service.

To enroll or make a payment, visit the Addison Utility Portal. Learn how to set up your utility billing account here.

Emergency Housing Assistance Program

Notice:  All Addison residents who might need assistance to pay rent, mortgage, and utility bills, please visit this link to see if you qualify for the “Emergency Housing Assistance Program” through Dallas County. Click here for details:  DCHHS | Emergency Housing Assistance Programs (dallascounty.org).

Utility Disclosure Form - HB 872

In an effort to protect sensitive customer information from predatory practices, the legislature passed H.B. 872. H.B. 872 applies to information held by a municipally owned utility (MOU) that provides water, wastewater, sewer, gas, garbage, electricity, or drainage service.

Effective immediately, Addison may not disclose customer information (including the customer’s address) under the Public Information Act (PIA) unless the customer elects to make the information public or certain exceptions apply. Also excluded from public disclosure is information: (1) that reveals whether an account is delinquent or eligible for disconnection; and (2) collected as part of an advanced metering system.

H.B. 872 essentially reverses the prior law’s requirements. Before H.B. 872, utility customers had to fill out a form to request their information remain confidential. Failure to do so made the customer’s information public. Now, a customer’s information is protected unless the customer opts to make it public.

Click here for the Utility Disclosure Form - HB 872

Trash and Recycling 

Click here for details about Trash Collection and Recycling.


You have an option to select your own electricity provider. Visit PowertoChoose.org to select the providers available in the area.


If your home or apartment uses gas for heating, you’ll need to contact the local gas company. Atmos Energy provides the gas services for most of DFW.