May 2022 Municipal Election
Addison Municipal Elections Overview
The Addison City Council election is held on the first Saturday in May of each year. The next City Council election will be Saturday, May 7, 2022. If a run-off is necessary, the period for a Run-Off Election would be Monday, May 30 – Tuesday, July 5, 2022. The Town contracts with Dallas County Elections Department.
The Council shall be composed of a Mayor and six (6) council members. In each even-numbered year three (3) council members shall be elected. Members of the Council shall be elected from the Town at large, for a term of two (2) years. The candidates for election to the places of Councilmen, equal in number to the number of vacancies to be filled, who receive the highest number of valid votes cast by qualified electors voting at the election, shall be declared elected. In case of a tie vote as to any two (2) or more candidates, the Council shall order a special election within not less than thirty (30) days nor more than forty (40) days after the regular election to resolve the tie vote as between such candidates. No person shall serve as council member more than three (3) consecutive terms of office. The phrase "terms of office" shall not include any unexpired portion of any two-year term.
Saturday, May 7, 2022 General Election
Candidates for the May 7, 2022 City Council Election
4119 Rive Lane
Addison, TX 75001
Occupation: Business Consultant
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guillermo “GQ” Quintanilla
4115 Rush Circle
Addison, TX 75001
Occupation: Mechanical Designer
Email Address: email@example.com
3836 Park Place
Addison, TX 75001
Occupation: Program Officer
Email Address: Eileen4Addison@gmail.com
14933 Havenshire Place
Dallas, TX 75254
Email Address: RandyforAddison@gmail.com
Current Council Members Whose Terms are Expiring in May 2022
- Guillermo (GQ) Quintanilla
- Paul Walden (unable to run for re-election due to term limits)
- Marlin Willesen
Notice of Drawing for Place on the Ballot
A drawing to determine the order in which the names of candidates are to be printed on the ballot for the election will be held at Addison Town Hall on February 22 at 10:30am.
Notice of Deadline to File Applications
Texas Election Code Section 141.040 requires that the Town post a Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot.
Wednesday, January 19, 2022: The first day to file an application for a place on the ballot or a declaration of write-in candidacy.
- Application for a Place on City Ballot - To place name on the general election ballot for cities, schools and other political subdivisions.
- Petition for Place on the City General Election Ballot - Provide a method for access to ballot.
- Declaration of Write-In Candidacy for City, School, or other Political Subdivisions - Notify appropriate officer of write-in candidacy.
Friday, February 18, 2022: The last day for a candidate to file an application for a place on the ballot for May 7, 2022 General Election. This date is also the deadline to order this general election.
Tuesday, February 22, 2022: Last Day to File a Declaration of Write-in Candidacy (Local Political Subdivisions Only).
Thursday, April 7, 2022: Last Day to Register to Vote.
Monday, April 25, 2022: First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance.
Tuesday, May 3, 2022: Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance.
HB 305 – Internet Posting Requirements for Political Subdivisions
On September 1, 2019, House Bill 305 became effective. This bill requires that a political subdivision with the authority to impose a tax, that maintained a publicly accessible Internet website at any time on or after January 1, 2019, be required to post on its website the following information:
- The political subdivision’s contact information, including a mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- Each elected officer of the political subdivision;
- The date and location of the next election for officers of the political subdivision;
- The requirements and deadline for filing for candidacy of each elected office of the political subdivision which shall be continuously posted or at least one year before the election day for the office;
Pursuant to HB305, you can find that information in the links below.